Job Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Greeley, CO
Accurately review financial information from new and existing customers to determine risk profile for credit decisions and recommendations on loan requests. Responsible for conducting credit analyses consisting of gathering, analyzing and interpreting credit information for existing and prospective customers in order to assess credit quality and to minimize risk and potential loss on commercial, real estate, agricultural, non-profit and personal loans. Provide quality service to all customers (internally and externally).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze historical financial statements, including year-end and interim business statements and guarantor personal financial statements.
- Analyze projected customer prepared financial statements, which would include Bank-adjusted sensitivity analysis of the projections.
- Evaluate repayment ability, including both historical and projected cash flow.
- Evaluate the adequacy of loan structures.
- Assess collateral valuation and coverage.
- Identify risks related to borrower operations. This will include an understanding of the history of business, ownership, type of business entity, and industry/sector of the borrower.
- Evaluate industry and economic risks.
- Prepare credit presentations. This will include a summary of credit risks, identification of loan policy exceptions, proposed improvements to loan structure, and assessment of the loan rating.
- Evaluate loan relationships identified as problem credits via the completion of problem loan worksheets on a monthly basis.
- Actively participate in discussions with Loan Officers to represent the credits for Loan Committee approval.
- Summarize findings in a credit presentation (write-up) which will be utilized by the respective Approval Authorities as a basis for their approval decision.
- Assist with collecting required monitoring information from customers, and review this information for compliance with loan requirements.
- Establish terms for approved credit requests.
- Assess credit risk
- Aggregate and evaluate data related to credit and credit risk to support First FarmBank organizational decision-making.
- All other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- This is a non-supervisory position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Related work experience in accounting and/or finance
- 1-2 years experience as a credit analyst or loan officer
- Prior judgmental lending experience preferred.
- 1-2 years banking experience
- Excellent oral communication skills (grammar, positive tone, active listening, etiquette, empathy, confidence).
- Excellent written skills (spelling, logical thought processes and sentence construction, appropriate word choice).
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and deal with multiple activity platforms (operations, customer service, teller).
Computer Skills: Ability to use a personal computer. Knowledge of software products in Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift under 1/3 of the time up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic). The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Nate McConnell, HR Manager at 970-346-7900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
*First FarmBank is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation , gender identity, national origin, genetic information , disability , veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.