Job Title: Part-Time Financial Service Specialist
The person in this job is responsible for determining the customer’s banking needs and selling bank products and services that will satisfy the need. The person opens new deposit accounts and related services, processes changes to agreements with existing customer relationships. The person provides the highest quality of service to every customer and builds customer relationships that support the bank’s strategic plan.
The Financial Service Specialist position requires participating in bank marketing activities, generating new account leads, and marketing to existing customers to maintain and expand customer relationships. It is expected that the Financial Service Specialist works in cooperation with loan officers on cross-marketing of all First FarmBank products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Nurtures new and existing customer relationships and maintains established relationships.
2. Determines customer’s banking needs and suggests bank services that will satisfy the need by selling and cross-markets all bank products.
3. Knowledge on the Core System (Precision/BPM) to be able to open depository products, obtaining required documents from the customer to open deposit accounts and producing accurate agreements to create customer files efficiently.
4. Knowledge to respond to customer service issues such as customer inquiries, handling wire transfer requests, cross-selling bank products and services with other department personnel, maintaining pending files, notarizing documents and resolving operational problems with customers.
5. Provides professional customer service by responding in a timely and accurate manner to customer requests or questions concerning balances, clearing checks, checkbook balances, posting errors, EFT transactions, stop payment orders, requests for research, card or pin reorders, and instructions on the handling of return items.
6. Produces forms and documents according to established policy and procedure to ensure proper notification of customers, managers and outside processors.
7. Responsible for completing Deluxe check-ordering processes for new or existing customers
8. Maintains teller, vault, and ATM differences as well as assists in teller line processes.
9. Maintains records and files in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and standards.
10. Maintains a thorough understanding of a variety of operational procedures and regulatory compliance by reading periodicals, attending classes, developing and understanding of various subjects such as: certificates of deposit, legal ownership of accounts, and IRS rules and regulations.
11. Adherence to Bank Secrecy Act and Compliance Policy requirements and procedures as appropriate for these duties and responsibilities.
12. Responsible for the verification and accuracy of all deposit and certificate accounts opened and the maintenance thereof.
13. Knowledge of IRA processes; including but not limited to contributions, distributions, transfers, rollovers, and new plans for traditional, Roth, and SEP accounts.
14. Requires knowledge of all bank products and services and their features and benefits. On-going training is required annually.
15. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summary: The incumbent in this job provides professional customer service in paying and receiving teller transactions by processing and balancing specific transactions and by assisting customers by providing information concerning Bank services and answering questions. The incumbent provides the highest quality of service to every customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides timely and courteous service to every customer and has the responsibility of answering customer questions or referring customers to the proper department.
2. Maintains and utilizes the Service Standards set by the Bank.
3. Provides customers with professional paying and receiving services. The incumbent is expected to be knowledgeable and proficient in processing deposits and payments, night deposit envelopes, issuing cashier checks and performing service sales that may include the collection of fees.
4. Maintains the daily teller transactions and balances to them at the end of each working day. Maintains cash differences within established guidelines. Able to research outages quickly and efficiently without assistance.
5. Performs other deposit operations processes as assigned by the supervisor or required to support the process of providing professional paying and receiving service.
6. Utilizes computer system to conduct research, reverse input errors, and perform required teller duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This is a non-supervisory position.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
New Accounts Other Skills and Abilities:
1. One year of job related experience.
2. Ability to cross market all bank products effectively.
3. Excellent Customer Service skills.
4. Ability to handle disgruntled customers and resolve problems or concerns.
5. Knowledge of bank operations and procedures.
6. Ability to work as a team with loan officers.
Teller Other Skills and Abilities:
The incumbent is challenged to perform the full range of teller transactions while providing professional customer service. The incumbent must balance the conflicting responsibility of conducting error-free transactions while providing excellent customer service in a rapid and efficient manner. This requires a good level of concentration and an ability to be friendly with the customer while maintaining control over each transaction. The incumbent must be able to identify unallocated teller differences. The incumbent must also have the ability to do the follow:
1. Ability to use a personal computer.
2. Ability to use job-related software programs.
3. Ability to use general office and other job-related equipment such as a calculator and copy machine.
Other Qualifications: The incumbent in this job is responsible for cashing negotiable instruments, and making the decision to do so provided the necessary conditions are met.
This responsibility and authority calls for a good deal of judgment on the part of the incumbent. The dollar amount that the incumbent can cash is normally set by policy or at the discretion of the supervisor. If presented with a negotiable instrument or saving withdrawal that exceeds the incumbent’s limit of authority, approval must be obtained. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that each transaction is in a balanced condition and is properly endorsed and documented. The incumbent is also responsible for the amount of cash in the teller drawer.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Ability to use a personal computer. Knowledge of software products in Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift under 1/3 of the time up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic). The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Nate McConnell, HR Manager at 970-346-7900 or at email@example.com.
This position could be either a full-time or part-time position depending on the eligible candidates.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
*First FarmBank is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation , gender identity, national origin, genetic information , disability , veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.